Sunday, April 27, 2008


Journal Entry Twenty-one

Misc. Ramblings II

The photo above was taken at Delta Park where, once again, Megan’s team won the state rugby championship. (She’s rarely this clean after a match!)

My neurologist suggested that I no longer eat or drink orally. I’ve tasted my last hamburger, my last coffee. It’s difficult to sit at the table smelling an excellent meal while watching my formula dripping from a bag into my stomach.

Today Julie and I drove to Champoeg, Newberg, Yamhill, Gaston, and North Plains. We shared the roads with cyclists who enjoyed the beautiful day with us.

Due to loss of lung strength I can barely talk late in the day. Questions that deserve answers receive none. Questions that require answers might get a one-syllable reply, or maybe a vigorous nod.